MIZKAN AMERICA, INC. PRIVACY PRINCIPLES
Mizkan America, Inc. takes privacy seriously. The following four principles underpin our approach to respecting your privacy:
- We value the trust that you place in us by giving us your personal information. We will always use your personal information in a way that is fair and worthy of that trust.
- We will provide clear information about how we use your personal information. We shall always be transparent with you about what information we collect, what we do with it, with whom we share it and who you should contact if you have any concerns.
- We will take reasonable steps to protect your information from misuse and keep it secure.
- We will comply with all applicable data protection laws and regulations, including the Canadian Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (“PIPEDA”), and we will co-operate with data protection authorities. In the absence of data protection legislation, we will act in accordance with generally accepted principles governing data protection.
MIZKAN AMERICA, INC. PRIVACY NOTICE
Last Updated: March 2018
This Privacy Notice explains the types of personal information we collect and how we use, disclose and protect that information.
What does this Privacy Notice apply to?
This Privacy Notice applies to personal information collected by Mizkan America, Inc. (“Website Owner”, or “we” or “us” or “our”) in connection with the brands we offer (find out more about us at http://www.mizkan.com/Corporate.aspx). This includes information collected offline through our Consumer Support Centers, marketing campaigns, sweepstakes and competitions, and online through our websites, applications and branded pages on third party platforms and applications accessed or used through such websites or third party platforms (“Sites”).
This Privacy Notice also applies to our targeted content, including offers and advertisements for our products and services, which we (or a service provider acting on our behalf) may send to you on third party websites, platforms and applications (“Third Party Sites”) based on your Site Usage Information (as defined below).
This Privacy Notice does not apply to the information practices of:
- third party companies (including, without limitation, their websites, platforms and/or applications) which we do not own or control; or
- individuals that we do not manage or employ.
These Third Party Sites may have their own privacy policies and terms and conditions. We encourage you to read them before using those Third Party Sites.
This Privacy Notice is hereby incorporated into and forms part of the terms and conditions of use of the applicable Site. See Your privacy rights and who to contact below.
By using our Site, or by otherwise providing us with Personal Information, you are consenting to us or the relevant brand collecting, using and disclosing your personal information in accordance with this Privacy Notice. We only collect, use or disclose your personal information where it is fair and lawful to do so. In most cases, we will ask for your consent explicitly but, in some cases, we may infer consent from your actions and behavior. If you do not agree to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information in this way, please do not use the Sites with your personal information, or otherwise provide us with personal information.
We may ask you to provide additional consent if we need to use your personal information for purposes not covered by this Privacy Notice. If you provide additional consent, the terms of that consent shall prevail in the event of any conflict with the terms of this Privacy Notice.
Please note, however, that we may process your personal information without consent if we have a legitimate reason to do so and are permitted or required to do so in compliance with the applicable law, provided that, as required by applicable law, such use will not have a prejudicial effect on your own rights, freedoms and interests.
What about my child’s privacy?
Our Sites are intended for use by persons age 13 and over. We do not seek to collect information about children under the age of 13. No information should be submitted to us or posted on our Sites by users under 13 years of age.
If a child under the age of 13 submits personal information to us, we delete the information as soon as we discover it was provided by a child under 13 years of age and do not use it for any purpose. We encourage parents to take an active role in their children’s use of the Internet and to inform them of the potential dangers of providing information about themselves over the Internet.
What information do we collect?
In this Privacy Notice, your “personal information” means information or pieces of information that identify you, or that could allow you to be identified. This typically includes information such as your name, address, screen name, profile picture, email address, and telephone number, but can also include other information such as IP address, shopping habits, information about your lifestyle or preferences such as your hobbies and interests. We may collect personal information about you from different sources, including:
Information you give us directly
We may collect information from you directly when you provide us with personal information, e.g. when you register for prize draws or competitions, sign up to receive information, use applications, buy a product or service from us, fill out a survey, or make a comment or enquiry. The types of information we may collect from you directly include your:
- email address
- user name
- telephone number
- credit card or other payment information
- date of birth
- user-generated content, posts and other content you submit to our Sites
- any other person information you voluntarily provide to us
- Information we collect automatically when you use the Sites
- information about the type of browser you use
- details of the web pages you have viewed
- your IP address
- the hyperlinks you have clicked
- your user name, profile picture, gender, networks and any other information you choose to share when using Third Party Sites (such as when you use the “Like” functionality on Facebook or the +1 functionality on Google+)
- the websites you visited before arriving at our Site
Most internet browsers are initially set up to accept cookies. You can change the settings to block cookies or to alert you when cookies are being sent to your device. If you use different browsers, or use multiple devices, any changes will need to be made for each browser. If you disable the cookies, this may impact your experience on our Sites.
Information we collect from other sources
We may receive personal information about you from other sources if you have given permission for that information to be shared. This may include information from commercially available sources, such as public databases and data aggregators, and information from third parties. The types of personal information that we may collect from such sources include your:
- street address
- shopping habits
- preferences and information about your lifestyle such as your hobbies and interests
- publicly available information such as user-generated content, blogs and postings, as permitted by law
- We may share Site Usage Information (as discussed above) with third parties (e.g., advertisers, advertising agencies, advertising networks, data exchanges, etc.) in order to deliver to you tailored content on our Sites or other third party sites, including more relevant advertising for products and services which may be of interest to you. These third parties may set and access their own cookies, clear gifs and similar tracking technologies on your device in order to help us or these third parties deliver tailored content and advertising to you when you visit our Sites or third party sites based on predictions about your interests generated from your online browsing activities across websites.
How do we use your personal information?
We use your personal information to:
- improve our products and your experience on the Sites
- to contact you regarding products and services which may be of interest to you, provided you have given us consent to do so or as permitted by applicable law, you have previously requested a product or service from us and the communication is relevant or related to that prior request and made within any timeframes established by applicable laws.
- to provide you with products or services that you request from us.
- operate our Site in accordance with its terms and conditions.
- carry out other purposes that are disclosed to you and to which you consent.
- carry out any other purpose permitted or required by law.
We use “cookies” on our Sites. A cookie is a piece of data stored on a site visitor’s hard drive to help us improve your access to our site and identify repeat visitors to our site. For instance, when we use a cookie to identify you, you would not have to log in a password more than once, thereby saving time while on our Sites. Cookies can also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our Sites, and to provide offers and advertisements for our products and services, which we (or a service provider acting on our behalf) may send to you on Third Party Sites. Your browser gives you the option to reject cookies. However, setting your browser to reject cookies generally hinders the browser’s performance and will adversely affect your experience while using our Site.
Who do we share your personal information with?
Mizkan America, Inc. is a subsidiary of the Mizkan Group, the pre-eminent manufacturer and marketer of specialty vinegars, mustards, cooking wines, marinades, wine reductions, salted spirits, Asian sauces and dressings, and a variety of other liquid condiments. See more at: http://www.mizkan.com/Corporate.aspx. We may share your personal information with the member companies of the Mizkan Group, our licensees and trusted third parties based outside the country in which you live so that they may process that data on our behalf.
We may also share your personal information with other companies, organizations or individuals outside of the Mizkan Group if we believe that disclosure of the information is necessary for legal reasons.
We reserve the right to transfer any personal information we have about you in the event that we merge with or are acquired by a third party or should any such transaction be proposed. We may also use, or disclose your personal information to third parties, if we have reason to believe that using or disclosing such information is necessary to: (i) conduct investigations of possible breaches of law; (ii) identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may be violating an agreement they have with us; (iii) investigate security breaches or cooperate with government authorities pursuant to a legal matter; or (iv) to protect our rights, safety or property.
Lastly, we may disclose your personal information for any other purpose to which you consent.
Transferring your personal information
We may transfer your personal information to servers located outside the country in which you live or to affiliates or other trusted third parties based in other countries so that they may process personal information on our behalf. By using our Site or otherwise providing us with personal information, you agree to us doing so in accordance with the terms of this Privacy Notice and applicable data protection laws and regulations.
You should be aware that many countries do not afford the same legal protection to personal information as you might enjoy in your country of origin. While your personal information is in another country, it may be accessed by the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities in that country in accordance with its laws. Subject to such lawful access requests, we promise that anyone processing your personal information outside your country of origin is required to implement measures to protect it and is only entitled to process it in accordance with our instructions.
Safeguarding your personal information
We take reasonable precautions to keep your personal information secure against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification, including physical, technological, and organizational safeguards, and require any third parties that handle or process your personal information for us to do the same. Access to your personal information is restricted to help prevent unauthorized access, modification or misuse and is only permitted among our employees and agents on a need-to-know basis. Personal Information we collect is maintained at Mount Prospect, Illinois.
Your privacy rights and who to contact
If you have any questions, comments or concerns about how we handle your personal information, then you may contact us by clicking the Contact Us link on the Site that directed you to this Privacy Notice. Alternatively, please go to www.mizkan.com and click on the Contact Us link. You may also contact our General Counsel at 1661 Feehanville, Suite 200, Mount Prospect, Illinois, 60056.
You have the right to tell us if you:
- don’t want to be contacted in the future by us
- wish to withdraw your consent for us to use and disclose your personal information at any time
- would like a copy of the personal information which we hold about you
- would like us to correct, update or delete your personal information in our records
- wish to report any misuse of your personal information
To assist us in dealing with your request, please provide your full name and details. We may require you to verify your identity before allowing you to access your personal information. If you withdraw your consent, we will no longer be able to provide you with services that rely on the use of your personal information.
Changes to our Privacy Notice
We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time by posting the updated version of the Privacy Notice on the Sites. We will give you reasonable notice of any material change. Your continued access to and/or use of the Site or provision of personal information to us after any such changes constitutes your acceptance of, and agreement to, this Privacy Notice, as revised. We encourage you to visit frequently to stay informed about how we use your personal information.
Other privacy notices
In addition to this Privacy Notice, there may be specific campaigns or promotions which will be governed by additional privacy terms or policies. We encourage you to read these additional terms or policies before participating in any such campaigns or promotions as you will be required to comply with them if you participate. Any additional privacy terms or policies will be made prominently available to you.